How to increase the size of text in your
- Internet Explorer View > Text
Size. You can also use Tools > Internet options >
- Firefox View > Text Size >
Increase Font, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing
Control and +.
- Opera View > Preferences >
Fonts then change Minimum Font Size
- Safari Safari > Preferences
> Advanced then select minimum font size to
How to listen to Our Website
Customers who have their own screen reading software
should find that it works sufficiently well on
aircraft-license.com. We suggest that if your software has
a 'forms mode', that you do not turn it on.
Even if you don't have your own software, a free service
can be used to read aircraft-license.com aloud to you,
under your control. Anyone can use the service, which is
provided by Browsealoud.
Our approach to accessibility
Our approach to accessibility focuses on ensuring that
aircraft-license.com is as usable as possible for real
customers with real access issues, rather than on a strict
compliance with technical standards.
We work with other organisations to help us achieve this,
including the following:
AbilityNet, which is is a national charity helping disabled
adults and children use computers and the internet by
adapting and adjusting their technology.
SiteMorse is a commercial organisation that provides us
with measurement tools against W3C accessibility
Some of the checks we make when building web pages
- ensuring that navigation throughout the site works in a
- never using colour as the only way to convey important
- using a standard web font to make it easy for all to
- in most cases, the size of the font can be adjusted
according to the users needs, using standard browser and
operating system options
- using 'alt' tags on images